As of 14 October 2021
|Exposure to viral and bacterial infections is an inherent risk in any location accessible to the public. No one can guarantee that you will not be exposed to a contagious disease during a visit to our office building.
Generally. As of the date shown above, all visitors to our office building are required wear a mask, whether or not vaccinated
. Physical distancing is required in the lobby area.
The COVID-19/SARS-CoV 2 coronavirus pandemic and the governmental response to it have created a new business environment. We, like others, want to reduce — and hopefully eliminate — the spread of the coronavirus and other infectious diseases, and we are trying to comply with governmentally imposed protocols. Here are the current policies for Rushforth Firm Ltd. (“RFL”):
Reception Desk. Our office reception desk is open from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday for the dropping off and picking up of documents.
Video Meetings; Telephone Conferences. Regardless of pandemic-related restrictions, video meetings and telephone conferences are encouraged over in-office meetings. This will always be true for RFL, primarily because video meetings and phone conferences are more efficient and eliminate the time and expense of travel.
Office Meetings. As stated above, we discourage scheduling in-office meetings. Any in-office meeting will be limited to clients,their professional advisors, and required witnesses only. The wearing of masks is mandatory as of the date hereof. Do not bring young children or pets to an in-person meeting. If an in-person meeting requires more than three participants (besides Mr. Rushforth), please let us know. We will cancel a meeting — possibly on short notice — if the person you are scheduled to meet is ill, and you should cancel a meeting if you are ill. There will be no charge for a last-minute meeting cancellation due to illness.
Signing Documents. We do not normally schedule in-person appointments to sign documents. We cannot provide witnesses or a notary at our office except by special arrangement that will trigger additional charges. It will usually be more cost effective for you to sign documents outside of our office and to make your own arrangements for a notary and/or witnesses.
- Location of Your Choice. We can send you signature-ready documents, and you can sign them at the location of your choice.
- We will provide written document-signing instructions, and it is essential that those instructions be followed precisely.
- Unless an attorney is physically present, we strongly encourage clients who are signing documents out of our office to allow an attorney to participate in the meeting by video conference (e.g., Zoom) or by phone so as to be available to answer questions and to provide guidance for the proper signing of the documents.
- If a notary is not readily available, it may be necessary to either provide documents that do not require a notary (which is not always possible). If a notary is essential, clients should arrange for a mobile notary or should go to a location that offers notarial services (such as some banks and many UPS Stores or Goin' Postal locations).
- Where a notary acknowledgment is optional, we are either eliminating the acknowledgment from our documents or replacing the notary block with a place for two witnesses to sign.
- Remote Document Signing. Nevada law permits remote notarization and the remote signing of trusts and wills. We rarely recommend the remote signing of documents, and we do not provide that service. Nevada law has strict requirements for remotely signed document and electronic signatures. Wills and trusts signed electronically using services like RightSignature, Adobe Sign, or DocuSign will not be recognized as valid under Nevada law.
Your comments and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Domain registered through Rushforth.biz.
**NOTE: Rushforth Firm Ltd. is a Nevada professional limited-liability company. No one employed by Rushforth Firm Ltd. ("the Firm") or its partners is certified as a specialist or expert by the State Bar of Nevada, the Utah State Bar, or any other entity. The information presented on any of the Firm's web sites (including this site and rushforthfirm.info) is general information only and should not be considered as legal advice. No attorney-client relationship is formed by anyone's accessing any web site provided by the Firm. Links to unaffiliated web sites are provided as a courtesy, and no "guarantee" or other assurance is given or implied with respect to the content, products, or services of unaffiliated web sites.